Posted on May 13 2020
Level up the style of your shelves with these quick and easy tips!
- Start with the larger items first. It's easier to fill in the gaps with your smaller items after, and it will create a balanced look.
- Bring in some artwork! Whether it's a print, a quote you love, or a photo of your favourite memory, it brings in a touch of your personality to the design! It's easy to change it out to match the seasons, as well.
- Mix up your book placement! Books instantly add a homely feel to shelf styling. Make the most of them by stacking books horizontally and vertically, and aligning some stacks to the left, right or centre of a shelf.
- Introduce decorative objects. These could be pieces you’ve collected on your travels, treasured family heirlooms or latest season's homewares. Depending on your style, you could use almost anything!
- Add some greenery! Indoor plants add a pop of life and have a stack of health benefits too (such as improving air quality and even reducing blood pressure).